Wednesday 26 October 2016

Project Natural World: Sketchbook Primary Research

For the primary research. I took many different photo of the flowers, tree and landscape theme, things that's involve with nature theme. Most of the stuffs I print it out and draw it by using different material such as pen, pencil, colour pencil, ink and paint. I want to try and looks into many different materials and techniques and what can be effective but the first result isn't really what I liked and drawing flower wasn't really my style, because I'm not good with sketching and sketching a detail from photo is hard as well. another thing is because I rather see a drawing messy and using only pencil, I can do many thing into it, adding shadow or detail on later on but at the same time, still keeping the messy part on my piece of work.

However, When i start to draw the flowers, It start to get messy and didn't get into shape so i decided to just cover it with watercolour but the result turn out terribly wrong and even worse than before. The blending with black and white isn't correctly because all of them is light and dark at the wrong place, everything was just too messy. Even I like having my work messy but at the same time, I want them to looks good as well.

Another reason why everything looks messy and isn't great. It was because I didn't have much time to work on it carefully and ruined the work so in the next project, I must organize the time better and try to take it slower for better result.











The first week back to college, the class went to Wigfield farm together as a group for the primary research and start to take a photo of animals that live there. There many different type included fish as well. My favorite thing there was the snake, because not just that i can get close to them but i can also take a photo of their patterns and and texture as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment