Wednesday 26 October 2016

Project Natural World: Sketchbook Fruit and Vegetables


This is my fruit and vegetables quick sketch, using watercolour, pencil, pen, pencil colour, acrylic paint and drawing colour ink. Mostly I'm using ink because I love how the colour came out on the sketch, they're bright up and make the colour style more standout and that's what i want, I used to do just watercolour but that didn't bright up the sketch so i mix it with a few different materials and try it to make the colour standout but the ink is the only one that's work perfectly.

I'm trying to stick with simple style because it's easy to identify what is it and keep the colour simple as well. Some may add more than normal colour because I want to make it colourful, some i don't want just be one colour but some, i want to stay as one colour as well.

My favorite one is orange.  Because this is my first sketch work that i created for fruit and vegetables, the colour is simple and mix with little red as well but mostly keep the colour of orange mix with ink and watercolour as well. Not just the colour but it also the sketch that make the colour standout,  shape is easy to see and identify. Even though I'm thinking about using pen to make the sketch more clear but I decide not to and keep it the way it is because it was good as it was and i didn't want to mess anything up.

My least favorite is the pineapple. The reason is because I didn't really know how to draw the pineapple so i just make a quick sketch and do them fast so thing come out too rushy, too boring and no detail in them. Not just that, the colour wasn't really right, there isn't much details on the sketch, not everything looks right, even the pineapple looks weird and that's make me dislike it a lot.

Some vegetable colour are splash is because i want to add the effective on the sketch and not just the colour them in and that's it. This is the new thing that i want to try out and it turn out really well and i really love it. My favorite is the carrots because i keep the sketch black and white and another all colour in, both have the ink splash in to make a great effect on them.







No comments:

Post a Comment