Friday 8 January 2016

Week 3, Distinction Doors Live Brief Project

After looking to all my plans and knowing what i wanting to do.
I'm start doing my research, which i'm starting off with primary research on nature. 
  • Quite simple start. I went to my back yard and start taking a pic of tree and leafs. Did some close-up and trying to finds what's interesting. I couldn't find many things but i did found one interesting images because the colour of the leaf is shining through the light from sky.  
  • Next primary research is, doors. I went around people's house in my area and start taking a photo of people's doors. I found out most of the door is standard. Some of them may have a patterns on their glass but it would mainly keep it private and simple. nothing really special about them but their help giving me more ideas what kind of door people still using. 

Next research is secondary. I'm using Pinterest to help me with my research.
  • I'm starting to looks around the pinterest, trying to find tree and I founds something interesting like tree roots, they are random, yet really affected and standout. I take some of the photo, print it and stick them on my sketchbook. I also take some images that may look like wallpaper but it still about nature.
  • I went back to the unusual door but this time, i'm trying to finds things that links into the tree. some of them looks really interesting, some even looks so simple yet, making an affect with things around the house. 
The next research, it would be about artist, I found some artist that i would like to work on and how it would affect my design.
  • The first artist is, Lesley Rickmond. An textile artist who looks into leaf and tree printing them with different materials. I founds her work really interesting because of how details it is and i wanting to try them. I did some mono print for her work but both test was failed. However it still giving me an ideas what her work is like. 
  • Next artist is David Hockney. He using paint and oil paints for his work and his work is mostly using bright colour and what i founds interesting about his work is, the bright colour may make the work more standing out, giving more ideas of how to use my door colour effecting.
  • Next artist is Piet Mondrian. This artist would mostly do post-impressionism, things that isn't realistic. I found this interesting because of the hard brush painting style and helping me understanding things doesn't always have to be in the box but it also can be something that isn't in your mind. 

(Two more artist research for patterns.)


Last thing that i did in this week, was researching on colour scale. Testing different colour but i'm not planning about using those colour yet, because i wanting to see what i can make and creating my designs first before start thinking about colour. another reason why i did this experiment, was because i wanting to see the different range colour i can made and to give me more ideas on colour if i looks back when i'm working on my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment