Tuesday 26 January 2016

Distinction Doors Live Brief Project Evaluation


The first thing I did in the project mind-map and the reason I did it, is because I wanting to make sure I have everything completed before the due in time so I did some planning and organising to the things I need to do, such as research, inspiration, development and final outcomes in this project with annotations.

After completed my mind-map, I’m begins to work on my research and I did my primary at first. Went around my neighbours and take a photo of their doors and I found out that many people around where I live still using the standard door so I barely found anything interesting that would relate to what I’m looking for, such as modern, contemporary and unusual designs but because of the nature theme I decided to do, I was be able to pulls it off and create my unusual designs. Another thing I’m look into is patterns as well, patterns in the leaf and how them create such a lovely pattern with no limits.

In my secondary research, I’m using Pinterest to help me with finding any kind of door, pattern and nature them and they were helping out a lots because I could find many different tree styles, unusual door and contemporary door designs so I did have some idea how to start off with my theme ‘let the outside in.’ I’m also did an artist research and the person I was looks into was Lesley Richmond, a textiles artist and because her work was based on nature, tree and leaf, I wanting to try out one of her design as well, I explores her work with mono printing but the outcome wasn’t good as I expected. Another two artists are David Hockney who using paint or oil paint on his work and bright colour, Piet Mondrian is post-impressionism, using pain and oil paint. All these artist helping me understanding how to think outside of the box, using bright colour to catch attention and realist would help the work looks stand out as well.
I’m personally think the secondary research was more useful than the primary research because there were more photos around the place I never been to or because I couldn’t get the photo I wanting in real life. The reason why I decided to do nature base on things around me such as tree, patterns, nature and others. Things that relating to the nature because when I hear of those things, it reminds me of ‘let the outside in’

Another research I did, is also target audience. I wanting to make sure I can get an actual target audience. The first I wanting people who did their research on doors do they would be knowing what kind of door they wanting, wanting to stand out from the crowd, modern design or existing home, both male and females aged from 25 plus. It was quite challenging to create a design that would be interesting of my design because I didn’t think someone would want a door like this but hopefully the final design I create, there would be someone liking it. 

After done with my research, I’m beginning to looks into what kind of thing I would be using for my door, such as style, materials and colour so I went to do a research on standard, contemporary, unusual designs, testing colour but I didn’t make a research on what material I would be using because when I ask the company, they said I don’t need to worry about that, which I didn’t worry about it and just skip it. The glad I wanting to use is frosted, clear glass, glass that’s similar to kara, scotia, flores marmara design that company had already because I founds them more standing out, making the colour glass seem clean as well while still having patterns on the glass.

I didn’t use any techniques on my final designs, mostly was just sketching, pencil and broad because I wanting to keep it simple and clean, I also did some annotation on my work as well to make sure I know what I wanting to do, what kind of the colour the company can be using and same for the glass design. All my designs was coming from my sketchbook that I decided to throw it in, mix everything together and just make my final designs and both my design, I don’t have an difficulties in designing both contemporary and standard doors, because I know what I’m doing, what are they and what’s their different.

At beginning of the project, I went well with my time management because I was using a lots of sticky note to help me organising my sketchbook, what I need to do on each page, how many page I would be doing on each section and how much time I had for this project but after complete everything, I got stuck with coming up with the final, I was scared and doesn’t know what I wanting to design, what really inspires me and what catch my interest. So I took quick awhile to come up with my final design but I pulls it off, I complete everything and I was happy with what I had.
I learn quite a lots of things when I’m working for the Distinction Doors company, because I wanting to make sure the thing I create catch their interest, i need to do a research of what people like, what they into, what they would be look into and how they would react to my presentation but in the end, it was a good experience. While watching people doing their presentation, I learns that being more creative and thinking outside of the box would catch their attention more, they wanting something unique, something that standing out from the crowd and things they never saw before.
I wanting to make sure I completed all my research, my sketchbook work and when I know everything I got was complete, I starting to take a photo of my sketchbook and I’m done with first thing. Another two things that I have to think was, how would I layout my powerpoint and what I would be putting in my powerpoint. Layout the presentation isn’t hard but thinking what I have to put on my presentation was difficult, because I wasn’t sure what I need to put it in but I got a lots of help from my tutor and my friends who giving me a feedback and I pulls it off quite well.

Even I have a lots to improve but I would keep learning from what I did wrong and think how I would improve them while being in college. My English will always going to be my problem and I will keep improving them slowly and so as my time management, researching and others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment