Tuesday 1 December 2015

Week 5, Transcribing Caro Project

This week is checking my sketchbook, what I need to completed, what need adding and what I got left to do. However my tutor giving me a great feedback of what I needing to do and how I would make it better, which it help me understand and improve my ideas more.

The final workshop was printmaking and photography. I got the printmaking in the morning, the first thing I was doing was, looking into Caro’s sculpture or any photo that would help me create my etching. I was looking through Caro and realising I should use the same techniques as him. I decided to put two sculptures into one piece because that’s what Caro was doing on his sculptures, looking into many different images and mix them together. It turns out amazing but it wasn’t from my original ideas because I was thinking about having an city views in the middles but I still like my result, In this workshop, I would have to went gloves so I won’t get the paints on my hands. At first I was doing la poupee then intaglio printing, using abstract and my first ideas was architectural style. In the afternoon, I needed to do photography, during the session I was learning how to create a paper sculptures and since I couldn’t do my city views, I decided I wanting to do it on photography. It turns out great, creating an interesting shadow, affect and even some tower doesn’t stand up properly, it still giving me an great result.  

Some photo I took in the photography session.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment